January 26, 2021
RE: COVID-19 Updated Visitation Restrictions
Kiwanis Families and Residents,
We are happy to announce that Zone 2 will be returning to the Orange Phase of Recovery as of midnight on Tuesday, January 26th. As a result, visitation for Designated Support Persons only will resume, effective Wednesday, January 27th. At this time, Designated Support visitation will be limited to those who reside in Zone 2.
Unfortunately, during the Orange Phase of Recovery, we are unable to offer regular 45-minute visits to the public, we will communicate updated information when this option becomes available.
Designated Support Person (DSP) Guidelines:
- Limit of 1 DSP per resident,
- DSP’s are able to enter the facility and interact in close proximity, while wearing approved PPE, with their loved one. DSP’s are expected to assist in supporting the social and physical needs of their loved one,
- All DSP’s will be actively screened upon entry and must adhere to infection control measures,
- All DSP’s are required to wear a community mask upon entry to the facility and will be provided a surgical mask and gown for visitation,
- Zero tolerance for non-compliance with Personal Protective Equipment,
- Masks (fully covering nose and mouth) and gowns must be worn at all times while in the facility,
- As a DSP, you must complete educational requirements and sign a waiver of responsibility.
We will resume our previously established DSP visitation schedule. If you require a change in your regular visitation hours, please contact our Pandemic Support Screener. All visitations must be coordinated in advance, with the Pandemic Support Screener, at 434-4929.
The risk in the province continues to be a reality, the health and safety of the residents must remain everyone’s top priority. Together, it is important that we balance risks associated with isolation versus the risk of contracting the virus. If you are experiencing any symptoms, do not visit the Nursing Home, please follow the Public Health guidelines, and remain diligent.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding.